Thursday, October 6, 2011

Start Using those Coupons on Clearance Items!


Question: Can I use coupons on Clearance Items??

That was a HUGE question I used to have. Whenever I go to Target, Kroger, CVS, Walgreens, or even clothes shopping for that matter, I always go straight to the clearance aisle/rack. I don't like to pay full price for anything! So I wondered if I could buy a clearance item and then apply a coupon to it for MAXIMUM savings!! So I tried it out and I got really excited when I gave the cashier my coupon for my clearance item and by golly it worked! Praise God for great deals!

So here is a fun example of a purchase I made with a coupon on a Clearance Item:

I was at Target, with a Starbucks in hand, on my Friday night date with my fantastic hubby and 1 year old and I found an Ironman Action Figure on the clearance rack. I had just printed a coupon for 'ANY Ironman 2 Figure' so I grabbed it and went on my way. Here was my savings:



IronMan 2 Action Figure:
Originally $10.69
Clearance Price: $5.34
Coupon: $3.00 off ANY IronMan2 Action Figure (printable cpn from Hasbro site, no longer avail.)
Final Price: $2.34

I use this particular example to show you that you can use coupons for anything, even toys for our lil bundles of joy! :)

Happy Couponing!

No comments: